Here are the links to the official soundtrack which Shurk composed for Critical Annihilation on Soundcloud and iTunes. I hope you enjoy what you hear:
Listen on Soundcloud:
Support on iTunes:
We just released Critical Annihilation on steam early access! Go check it out here
I’ve just uploaded a new version to steam, here’s a list of the updates.
- Fixed radar.
- Fixed machine gun sound getting stuck on death.
- Fixed character stats available message showing when none are available.
- Fixed bullets sometimes not disappearing.
- Fixed black particles floating around when a lot of destruction is happening at once
- Fixed performance issue when a lot of moving text was on the screen. I’ve had to change all text objects so this might have introduced some new bugs.
- Fixed shadow settings, can now disable shadows while soft shadows are enabled.
- Fixed perks going outside of character window when having a lot of perks.
- Fixed issue with bloom sometimes turning everything green.
- Fixed special weapons not switching back to secondary when having the larger magazine perk.
- Fixed training camp, large sand bags were to close to the tanks/targets causing them not to load.
- Fixed clip not being fully loaded on level load when having larger magazines.
- Fixed max. health increase perks not working on level load.
- Improved level loading time.
- Temporary fix for the yard, currently is the docks with different weather. Will be changed to a new map next week.
- Partially fixed explosions not always removing parts of the world.
- Partially fixed spawns, will have a more complete overhaul next week.
- Added change list.
- Added light beams to health packs so they’re easier to see.
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted an update, so here are some screenshots of the current progress. Keep in mind it’s all still a work in progress so things will most likely change. The low angle shots are when the game is paused and some skills that allow you to stop/slow time will also zoom in like that.
New Main menu screen showing the aliens invading earth:
Character selection screen:
Forest area with snow:
Desert area (bring it on):
Blowing up a barn and tractor and stat assignment screen:
We just got greenlit! Thanks for all the votes 🙂
Added a steam greenlight page, if you’d like to see the full game on steam vote for us at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=320717420
Minor update to the game:
- Added links to the startup screen (including the greenlight page)
- Added emissive voxels (currently only in the UFO)
There has been an update to Critical Annihilation to fix some minor issues:
- Fixed paint mode with rifles, now paints on hit again
- Fixed physics sensitivity, bullet casings and chairs don’t sink into ground anymore.
- Minor voxel shader optimization
- Added Depth Of Field option back to video settings (was accidentally removed)
- Added option to controls to disable mouse follow on the camera.
Critical Mass has been renamed to Critical Annihilation to avoid confusion with the other game named Critical Mass on steam.
A new engine test featuring the new shattering has been uploaded to
The previous version will stay up as well for now until the current one is completely stable.
- Fixed rifle aim, will now aim at center mass when cursor on target
- Added explosion effects
- Added napalm to AC-130 ammo
- Added shatter physics (can be turned off in options)
- Added floating voxel detection (no more floating trees)
- Added noise effect (disabled by default)
- Added vignetting effect (disabled by default)
- Added slight mouse follow to camera
- Better & faster SSAO, Bloom and Particle physics
- More light effects
Very short video testing out some of the new effects, still a work in progress..
Here are some of the new real-time shattering methods in the engine..
Blowing up rocks now shatters them using voronoi cells.
New tree/wood destruction, shatters into splinters again using voronoi cells which are extended in the direction of the wood seams.
Same effect as the rocks on the UFO walls
There’ll probably be some more shatter effects coming soon. I’ll also post a small game play video showing some of these this weekend.